Looking to get some more hurricane related information? Well, you've come to the right place. The Hurricaneville Download Page contains various pieces of information such as Research Papers, PowerPoint Presentations, and Disaster Preparedness Documents. So, take some time out to download a few and learn a little more. Note: If you have problems downloading, or find mistakes or information that is inaccurate, feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com.
Below are a list of term papers and/or proposals that have been done during my studies at Rutgers University. You will find Power Point Presentations for all these topics, but they are not as detailed as they are here in PDF format. Actually both these papers and their Power Point Presentation counterparts were part of the same school projects. Topics include: The Tri-State Hurricane Problem, Storm Modification, and Sustaining Category Five Intensity. Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these.
Over a period of several years, we have also put together a series of presentations that summarize recent projects that were done while pursuing a Technical Writing Certificate and Meteorology Minor at Rutgers University. Topics include: Hurricane Basics, Reasons Behind the Making of Hurricaneville, Improving Hurricane Awareness and Preparedness in Coastal New Jersey Communities, Storm Modification, and Sustaining Category Five Intensity.
Please select from below. File sizes are in parenthesis. Please note: You must right mouse click on the link in Windows, or hold down the Control Key and mouse on a Macintosh with OS X to download. These are Power Point Show files, which need at least a PowerPoint Viewer to view. They also must be advanced manually by either clicking a mouse, or making a keystroke.
Below are a list of documents provided by FEMA and New Jersey's Office of Emergency Management. They provided all kinds of information and tips on how to keep yourself, your family, and even pets safe in the face of a disaster or emergency. Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these.
- Hurricane Floods (8.89 Mb)
- Pets and Disaster (52 K)
- Against the Wind: Protecting Your Home From Hurricane Wind Damage (228 K)
- Are You Ready? An In-Depth Guide To Citizen Preparedness (20.9 MB)
- Emergency Preparedness Checklist (112 K)
- New Jersey Office Of Emergency Management's Family Preparedness Guide (8.9 MB)
- Your Family Disaster Plan (280 K)
- Your Family Disaster Supplies Kit (168 K)
- After A Flood: The First Steps (192 K)
- Food And Water In An Emergency (356 K)
- Preparing For Emergencies: A Checklist For People With Mobility Problems (124 K)
- First Aid Procedures--Part I (500 K)
- First Aid Procedures--Part II (504 K)
- Emergency Supplies Checklist (256 K)
- Additional Supplies To Consider For Emergency Supplies Checklist (252 K)
If you have any questions about, or any suggestions for this web site, please feel free to either fill out our guestbook, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.